Puzzle Level Design and Inventory UI

Xodius Studios Blog #1 
Puzzle Level Design and Inventory UI

Author: Kanitha Charoenpanich
Published: 02/16/2023 17:21

The Problem:

     This week I have been trying to implement my inventory system and design puzzles that the player can interact with in our game. The problem I have encountered when level designing is how to lay assets out in a way where the level doesn't feel stuffy, overwhelming, or underbalanced. I have been taking inspiration from other games to design puzzles. As for the Inventory, I have been laying out the UI to make it look like a basic inventory bag. I don't have problems with it currently besides getting the button that opens the inventory to be a click, not a hold.

Problem Solution:

    The solution I have come up with for the level designing is to brainstorm more and study other games. I am taking inspiration from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I am looking to set up ideas for "golf" puzzles, statue code puzzles, and elemental puzzles (this is for later in the game when a player gets magic). This design is good for user experience because it will give more elements of gameplay rather than a hack and slash. For the inventory,  I have not solved this yet but I have to research how button presses work in unreal.  I have set up the layout for the inventory and the inventory slots. After setting up the inventory, the player should be able to see the type and amount of each item. The inventory should feel organized and easy to use. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating the door system in "Forgotten Memories"

Level Streaming in "Forgotten Memories"