Xodius Studios Blog #11 Final UI Assets: Pause Menu, Inventory, Consumable Slots, Main Menu, System Menu, Consumable Menu, and Slots. Final Background on the Loading screen and Main Menu.

  

Xodius Studios Blog #11

Final UI Assets: Pause Menu, Inventory, Consumable Slots, Main Menu, System Menu, Consumable Menu, and Slots. Final Background on the Loading screen and Main Menu.

Author: Kanitha Charoenpanich
Published: 05/11/2023 16:30


The Features:

This week I added the final UI art to the pause menu, inventory, consumable slots, main menu, system menu, consumable menu, and slots. I also added the final backgrounds to the loading screen and the main menu. The inventory got a complete makeover. I changed the buttons and the bag. I added a background blur to the inventory menu. I need to change the style of the inventory slots but I haven't found the correct assets for it. I plan on finishing the consumable slots soon, I just haven't had the time for it.

Current Status of Features:


Photo 1 - Main Menu

Besides the inventory/pause menu, I think that the main menu is also my favorite. It is so aesthetically pleasing. I got some help from Justin on where to place the buttons. I also added a new background for the main menu.

Photo 2 - Loading Screen

For this screen, I just added a better background that matches the rest of the game.

Photo 3 - Player Stats Bar and Consumable Slot

I have issues with getting the fill image to be correct with the background image. The consumable slots are there for show at the moment, I am trying to get the functionality done soon.


Photo 4 - System Menu - Pause Menu

I changed the menu indicator art and the arrow buttons. I changed the overall look of the system menu to be a small window rather than a full page because it only included buttons. 

Photo 5 - Inventory Menu - Pause Menu

The inventory menu got a full re-vamp. I changed all the buttons in the menus to be the same image and color. The inventory bag changed to this cute little box. I have yet to find an art asset that will fit the slots in the bag. The consumable slot menu also got its own art matching the aesthetic of the other menus.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating the door system in "Forgotten Memories"

Puzzle Level Design and Inventory UI

Level Streaming in "Forgotten Memories"